Foot In The Door is an initiative proposed by Making Room in collaboration with Lancaster Arts at Lancaster University to support talent development in theatre, performance and live art in the Northwest. This project is supported using public funding from Arts Council England.
We are now looking for 3 x artists to participate in a weeklong residency programme culminating in a sharing of works in progress performances at Lancaster’s Nuffield Theatre alongside Paper People Theatre’s performance of Do Geese See God? and an early showing of supported graduate company Theatre 42’s second ever piece.
Foot In The Door is intended both as a creative challenge & springboard for early career artists. Between 16th – 23rd February 2017, the participants will be given time, space and a budget to begin making new works, or develop pieces which have not yet had public performances. The scheme will also see those artists take part in a series of workshops led by established practitioners including Andy Smith, Ali Matthews and Jenny Gaskell – covering a range of topics from performance writing & dramaturgy to fundraising.
As well as the formal elements of the programme, we expect that Foot In The Door will create a fruitful collaborative environment for the artists to envisage their practice & career going forward. This will also be facilitated through mentoring sessions with Making Room Artistic Directors & Lancaster Arts Creative Producing Team beyond the scheme itself.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send the following information on no more than one side of A4 to email@example.com.
- Your name, email address, telephone number, and where you are based
- A statement about you & your work so far
- Why you are interested in this particular opportunity
- How you anticipate participating in this scheme will support your practice and its ongoing development
- Up to three links to examples of your work to date (e.g. video trailers etc.)
- Confirmation of your availability to participate in the programme
- The deadline for applications is 12noon, Thursday 2nd February 2017
- Each artist will receive a £500 payment to cover the costs of their full participation in the project. Limited additional budgets for travel, accommodation, materials and equipment will be made available where necessary.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application no later than 6th February 2017
- The programme begins on 16th February 2017 and ends on 23rd February 2017
- We would prefer for each artist to participate in the full programme for its full duration, however we understand that this may not be possible. Please state clearly in your application when you may need time away from the programme and we will be in touch with you to discuss should your application be successful.
If you have any questions about the project you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01524 593405.
We look forward to hearing from you,
Alice Booth, Leo Burtin & Jake Orr
On behalf of
Lancaster Arts & Making Room