During this Summer’s Edinburgh Festival Fringe (5th – 29th August), Making Room are offering a professional development opportunity to an early-career creative producer/artist.
We would like to offer an individual an all inclusive bursary of £250 to shadow & support Making Room Artistic Directors Jake Orr & Leo Burtin for the duration of the festival and support their varied portfolio of activity in Edinburgh which includes:
- Producing Bricking It by Joanna & Pat Griffin & BLUSH by Snuff Box Theatre at Underbelly
- Engaging with artists and companies whose work may be suited to Incoming or Hear Me Roar Festival
- Free advisory sessions to artists & companies participating in the Fringe from co-Directors
- Actively engaging with relevant industry events such as Producers Gatherings etc.
What you will receive:
- A £250 cash bursary, paid upon receipt of a valid invoice
- A weekly mentoring/coaching session
- A venue pass for Underbelly and other benefits associated with being a company member
- Complimentary tickets to any shows or events you attend on behalf of Making Room
What will be expected of you:
- To act as an ambassador for Making Room, its work and the artists it represents
- To distribute publicity materials for our shows for at least one hour per day
- To make the most of your mentoring sessions, be proactive in asking for advice, support and networking opportunities suited to your professional development aims
Who we are looking for:
- You will be an early career theatre professional, graduate or student with a passion for the arts and a commitment to your own professional development
- You are enthusiastic, self motivated and you recognise yourself in Making Room’s commitment to making a difference to society through art & culture and its values.
- You already have plans to be based in Edinburgh 5th – 29th August
How to apply:
Please send a C.V. (2 pages max) and a short statement (300 words) outlining how you would benefit from this opportunity and what your professional ambitions are to email@example.com by 12Midnight Sunday 19th June.